Crop Science Laboratory
Last modified 2005/04/06
Fundamental problems relating to crop production are being studied physiologically and morphologically, particularly focusing on rice : a major food crop and sweet sorghum : an attractive resource crop.
Return to Faculty of Agriculture, Tohoku University Home Page
- Analysis of tillering ability, tiller differentiation and growth in rice,
and the development of the growing practice with deep water irrigation.
- Development of water storage-type irrigation method for rice aimed at
increasing the environment-protecting function of paddy fields.
- Elucidation of the mechanism of cool weather damage in rice, with
particular emphasis on fertilizer nitrogen and pollen number.
- Analyse of rice grain development and starch accumulation, and higher
yeilding through the improvement of seed ripening.
- Growth analysis methods and the cultivation technique of sweet sorghum
as a biosmass crop.
- Analysis of various crop organs by means of a new concept :
the gradient structure.
Comments and Questions: