History

1907 Tohoku Imperial University was Graduate School of Agricultural Science Faculty of Agriculture founded.
1907 College of Agriculture was established.
1918 College of Agriculture was detached from Tohoku Imperial University and incorporated into Hokkaido Imperial University as its College of Agriculture.
1939 Institute for Agricultural Research was established.
1947 Kawatabi Experimental Farm was established.
1947 Faculty of Agriculture (three departments and seven laboratories) was founded.
1949 Tohoku University was founded in the new system.
Faculty of Agriculture was reorganized (four departments and 21 laboratories with three additional laboratories in 1976).
1953 Graduate School of Agricultural Science (four departments) was established.
1956 Marine Fisheries Laboratory was established.
1960 Department of Food Chemistry (four laboratories) was established.
1962 Division of Food Chemistry was established in the Graduate School of Agricultural Science.
1971 Grassland Research Laboratory was established.
1972 Laboratory for Germfree Plant Research was established.
1974 Agricultural Library was established.
1981 Radioisotope Laboratory was established.
1984 The building for Animal Breeding and Experiments was established.
1992 Faculty of Agriculture was reorganized (Two department, five courses, 31 laboratories and four Institutes).
1993 Laboratory and Breeding House of Aquatic Life was established.
1995 Grassland Research Laboratory and Laboratory for Germfree Plant Research were closed.
1995 Division of Environmental Bioremediation was established in Graduate School of Agricultural Science.
Laboratory of Plant Environmental Responses was established.
1996 Education and Research Center of Marine Bio-Resources was established
(Reorganization of Marine Fisheries Laboratory).
1997 Division of Biological Resource Science was established
(Reconstruction of Department of Agriculture, Department of Animal Husbandry, Department of Fisheries and Department of Food Chemistry).
1998 Division of Applied Life Sciences was established
(Reconstruction of Department of Agriculture, Department of Animal Husbandry Department, Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Chemistry Food Chemistry).
1999 Division of Resource and Environment Economics was established
(Reorganization of Division of Environmental Bioremediation).
2000 Experimental Farm and Education and Research Center of Marine Bio-Resources were incorporated in auxiliary facilities of Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences.
2003

Reorganization of Graduate School of Agricultural Science into three divisions: Division of Biological Resource Science, Division of Life Sciences, Division of Bioscience and Biotechnology for Future Bio-industries.

The Experimental Farm and Education and Research Center for Marine Resources integrated into Field Science Center.

2004 Tohoku University was renewed in accordance with the National University Corporation Law. Laboratory of Terahertz Biotechnology was established by endowment from Takemoto Oil?EMizkan.
2008 Laboratory of Animal Welfare was established by endowment from Ishii.
2009 Innovative Research Center for Agricultural Sciences was established.
2010 Laboratory of Innovative Green-Technology for Sustainable and Improving Beef Production was established by endowment from Aleph.
2011 The Field Science Center was authorized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology as a Joint Educational Development Center.
2012 Tohoku University Marine Science Restoration Support Office was established.
2014 The Tohoku Agricultural Science Center for Reconstruction was established.
2015 The International Education and Research Center for Food and Agricultural Immunology (CFAI) was established.
The Laboratory of Microbial Resources was established.
The Laboratory of Functional and Developmental Science of Livestock Production was established.
2016 The Applied Biodiversity Center was established.
2017 The Faculty moved to the Aobayama New Campus.

pagetop