Our mission & research
"Food, health, and the environment!
We encourage them to strive to resolve various issues in agriculture and related areas with a strong sense of purpose, and to accomplish their objectives with a rich sense of social responsibility and a wide international outlook"
"Japanese food Washoku in 1975"
The world’s first international center for education and research specializing in “food and agricultural immunology” (CFAI) was established in April 2015 at Tohoku University Graduate School of Agricultural Science.
Join our community
"Future Global Leadership Program in Graduate School of Agricultural Science offers one outstanding undergraduate degree course, taught completely in English: Applied Marine Biology (AMB), a marine science course with an emphasis on research applications to all aspects connected with harvesting food from natural and aquacultured marine animals and plants. "
Units and members
Organization and staffs of the graduate school, the faculty, and the affiliated institutions and facilities
Comments from students
"After graduation from high school in Shanghai, I started my undergraduate study in Tohoku University, majored in Applied Marine Biology. To get better understanding of what research is, I entered Laboratory of Marin Life Science and Genetics in my sophomore year to see what students and staff were doing. "
News & topics
- 2015/11/11 The world’s first international center for education and research specializing in “food and agricultural immunology” (CFAI) was established in April 2015 at Tohoku University Graduate School of Agricultural Science.
- 2015/05/11 Our new partner University; Faculty of Agriculture, Hasanuddin University, Indonesia
- 2014/12/22 Assistant professor Masaya Yamamoto revealed the function of N-glycosylation of the S-locus receptor kinase in self-incompatibility of the Brassicaceae
- 2014/07/24 Tsuyoshi Tsuduki, Associate professor of Tohoku University, Received Mishima Kaiun Scientific Awards in 2014
- 2014/05/20 Determination of the whole genome sequence of Daikon (winter radish)
- 2014/03/31 Professor Shusuke Sato (Land Ecology) has been awarded “Academic Prize of Japanese Society of Grassland Science (Saito Prize)” on "The development of studies on animal behavior and animal welfare in grassland science."
- 2013/08/26 An article on scuba-diving survey by staff of Laboratory of Marine Plant Ecology was reviewed in the front and second pages of Asahi newspaper.
- 2013/04/17 Associate Professor Yukihiro Ito (Plant Environmental Biotechnology) has been awarded "The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology."
- 2012/12/27 Dr. Akira Endo, specially-appointed professor (Graduate School of Agricultural Science), was elected as the National Academy of Inventors 2012 Charter Fellow
- 2012/09/14 Rubisco activase content is critical for accelerating the activation rate of Rubisco in a dynamic light environment
- 2012/09/11 A novel mechanism of the synthesis of photosynthetic carbon-fixing enzymeRubisco
- 2012/07/24 Rubisco content affects the photosynthetic metabolism in rice leaves
- 2012/06/08 Specially Appointed Professor Akira Endo Received an Honorary Doctor of Sciences from University of Pennsylvania
- 2012/03/12 Sturdy Scandinavian conifers survived Ice Age
- 2012/03/12 Specially Appointed Professor Akira Endo was selected as a National Inventors Hall of Fame 2012 Inductee
- 2012/01/10 Professor Eimei Sato receives the 61st Kahoku Culture Award