Part-time Work Permit

Those with “Student” status are allowed to work up to 28 hours per week if they obtain a part-time work permit from the Immigration Bureau.
Note that it is illegal for foreign students to work without this permit.

Documents required to apply for a part-time work permit:
2.Residence Card
3.Student ID Card
4.Application for Permission to Engage in Activity Other than that Permitted under the Status of Status of Residence Previously Granted

Apply at the Sendai Immigration Bureau with the documents above.